Friday, September 21, 2012

New Purse

A few weeks ago, we were visiting the in-laws.  My mother-in-law and I went to a local quilt shop to check out what was new.  While there, I told her to pick out a fabric and I'd make her a new purse - the one she was using, which I made, was beginning to show some wear.

So she picked this great brown and green batik - I think it was actually a complementary fabric to another I'd had - at least it was the same colors.

She mostly liked the purse I'd made her before, but she wanted to add pockets to the side with some elastic at the top of them.


Here is a side view, I also added a strap with a swivel hook (which is hidden in the pocket) so she can attach her car keys.


 It has a set in zipper top, the straps are the length she requested, and inside is has a zipper pocket and a flap pocket, with a pen slot.
I like this fabric a lot.  I bought more than I needed for her purse, so you may see some other items show up in my etsy shop!

If you would like a custom purse, I'd be glad to work with you on the style, size and features.

Happy Sewing!

Susan

No comments: