Sunday, February 19, 2012

New Cases

I've been experimenting with a couple of new cases - I'm not sure what to call them - cosmetic, travel, project?

The styles/sizes were requests based on a case someone had, or a specific use they needed a case for.


The first one ended up a little larger than intended - ok, I read a measurement wrong is all.  So this is for cosmetic, traveling, it zips around the top, has a small handle on the top and pockets around the inside.  It measures 8" x 12" and ended up about 10" tall - it was supposed to be more like 8" tall.  So I'm not sure if it's good or bad that it's bigger.

I put peltex in the top and bottom to help keep it's shape, I didn't put any in the sides and I'm not sure it needs it, although maybe a layer of craft fuse would be ok.  I don't want it to be too stiff, but it might need a little more structure on the sides.

The zipper for this one is a little down from the top, so it actually isn't too hard to maneuver.
The next case is a similar style, it is 8" x 10" and is only 3" tall.  On this one, the zipper is actually in the top of the case,  I had a bit more trouble getting this case to 'finish' the way I wanted, but I think I've figured out what I need to do to correct that.  On this case, I also put the peltex in the top and the bottom, but I also think it's needed in the sides for the smaller case.  So I'll probably test that theory out on the next one.  The purpose of this case will be to hold the essential oil bottles, so there will also be an insert that will hold them with some organization - not just floating around.

I will probably be working with this style case for the next couple of weeks, perfecting it, and possibly writing the pattern for it as well.

I'd love to hear what you think!

Happy Sewing,
Susan

1 comment:

ellen said...

Very very cute. Looks like it would hold quite a bit also.