Friday, January 27, 2012

A Little Bit Selfish

So I'm a little bit selfish.  I did it. 

I made a purse for myself using the great fabrics that Jen from Sis Boom sent me (check my two previous blog posts for the info and to enter the contest).


 I did patchwork with all the fabrics and then trimmed the sides with the two different 'Paula' fabrics.  The handles are made of both of the 'Paula' fabrics as well.

I like a zippered pocket inside.  I just used a plain brown fabric. 

The measurements are about 10" wide, 10.5" tall and 3" deep.  I like a long strap (even though I'm short).






And because I have all that little stuff that I carry in my purse - chapstick, mirror, etc., I made a zipper pouch to go along with it.

I might still get ambitious and make a cell phone case too.  And maybe a card case for my business cards.

We'll see.





If you want one like it, let me know, I'd consider making more until the fabric runs out.

Happy Sewing!

Susan

No comments: