Sunday, January 15, 2012

Kindle Case - Success!

For a year, on and off, I've been playing around with a case for the kindle, and other e-readers.  When I first started down this path, we didn't own a kindle.  It's really hard to make a case that's somewhat specific to a device when you don't have one - or easy access to one.

After several failed attempts, I finally have a case that I'm happy with - both in the functionality of it, and the ease of making it.

Knowing my fondness for zippers, my goal was to make a case that zipped on three sides, similar to my gadget (ipod, iphone) case.

The issue I was having was that I wanted the device to fit snuggly, but not too much so.  Finally, I figured out that I needed to make the case like it was a book - with a spine.

I love the result and I'm hopeful that sales will reflect the quaility of the item.


You can check out the selection I have for this style and a hipster style in my etsy shop!

Happy Sewing!

Susan

2 comments:

FabricFascination said...

What an attractive case, and it looks so secure with the zipper all the way around.

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for sharing this with all people you really recognise what you are talking approximately! Bookmarked. Please additionally discuss with my site =). We may have a link trade arrangement between us!
DNA REAR LOWER STRUT BAR 88-00 HONDA CIVIC / 93-97 DEL SOL / 90-01 ACURA INTEGRA - PURPLE