Saturday, October 22, 2011

New Item - Zip Around Kindle Case

Month ago, I started making the zip around cases for iPods, cell phones, etc., and planned to make then for both Kindles and iPads.  It's a little difficult to make cases for these items when you don't actually own one.



I made the first prototype for the Kindle case and bummed a test from a friend who owns one.  While the Kindle fit, when it was zipped it was pretty tight.  So I needed to make it just a little larger.  Then I got busy and didn't get around to making another one.  And I didn't get around to making one for the iPad yet.

Recently, a great customer asked me to make one that would hold two kindles, along with the charger/cords.  So back to the drawing board I went.

I knew for there to be room for two Kindles, that I needed to add a little depth to the case, as well as expanding the size so the zipper would move more easily.

The first prototype was ok, just a few minor tweaks, and here it is completed:




The outside has a zippered pocket that will hold the charges and cords.  The case has a hipster style strap - adjustable and detachable.  The zipper goes around three sides of the case. The inside has two lightly padded insert slots - which will house the kindles. Along with the slots being padded, the outside has two layers of padding for protection.

Since this was a special request, I don't know if I will make any more with this particular configuration, but it was good to be able to get back to a project that I'd set aside.

Happy Sewing!

Susan 




No comments: