Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year


So here we are on the first day of a new year, and like many others I like to spend some time planning things I want to get done this year.
If you follow me on twitter then you know for the last week or so, I've been talking about doing some cleanup and organization of my sewing room. I have a decent sized space, but with the lack of cohesive storage, I feel like it's out of control more often than not. So one thing that I'm going to work on, and plan to get completed in January, is to replace some of this mismatched and disorganized storage and replace it with something that is more functional and allows me better organization.
While I'm working on that, I'm going to collect some of the many things in the room that I know I'm never going to use, and either sell it or give it away.
In January I also have to work on craft show applications and pictures, so I'll be working on that pretty quickly, as the first one is due January 15!
Today already, I've created my new annual spreadsheets, updated my website with the show information that I already know about, changed all my calendars and been to the New Year's Day sale at Quilt Trends (one of our local quilt shops). Oh wait, that doesn't have anything to do with being organized!
On a personal note, I'm going to work harder at getting just a little exercise most days (I already did the Wii Fit for 1/2 hour today), and I want to read more books.
Happy New Year!
Susan

No comments: