Monday, January 4, 2010

From window to closet

Unless I'm making a custom order, I choose a fabric that suits my fancy and convert it into something useful, such as:


  • a tissue cover

  • a resusable baggie

  • a mini wallet

  • a cell phone case

  • a glasses case

  • a backpack

  • a purse.

Then, I place like items together in metal baskets made for metal gridwall. That way, I'm organized and I have less work to do to prepare for a show (such as the upcoming Art Studio Clearance Sale at the Ohio Expo Center January 30 and 31).


My metal grid used to lean against a bookcase near the window, but I noticed one day that the sun was creeping through the blinds and fading the tops of some of my glasses cases. So, the gridwall now rests on the back of my closet door, on the other side of the room.


Raw materials and finished products now have to share the same dark space. More customers would give them a "coming out" party.

No comments: