- Strapless (also called a clutch purse)
- Round-handled fabric (reinforced with piping filler cord)
- Flat-handled fabric (reinforced with polypropylene webbing)
- Folded fabric (for wristlets and adjustable straps)
Folded fabric straps are typically reserved for my smaller, lighter purses, including my mini pack purses, small zip top purses, and wristlets.
To make folded fabric straps:
- Cut a two-inch strip of fabric to desired length.
- Fold the fabric in half (widthwise).
- Iron the folded fabric (thus creating a crease).
- Fold the raw edges of the fabric to the crease.
- Iron the now one-inch wide fabric again, creating a total of three creases.
- Fold the fabric in half again, making it half of an inch.
- Stitch both sides of the strap, along its entire length.