Saturday, March 2, 2013

How is it March already?

In case you can't tell from my blog, I didn't have much ambition early this year.  I had a real case of the winter blahs - especially from about mid-February on.

So, the last post I did was on my quilts that I got back from the long arm quilting.  What's happened since then?

Well, I did a show in late January - Art Studio Clearance Sale - at the Lausche Building at the Ohio Expo Center (State Fairgrounds) in Columbus.  I did manage to clearance some old inventory, so that was a good thing.




I did some quilt piecing.   After I got the quilts back from the long arm, I decided I should make another.

I found this set partly started in the closet - I'm pretty sure I made a purse from some of this and there were some leftover pieces.  This one is lap size - about 55" square or so.



I found a pattern in a magazine that I thought I would like, picked a fat quarter bundle from my stash, and made one.   This one is also lap size - about 60 x 62 or so.


I did like the pattern, so much that I made a second one.  This one is twin size - it's so bright and colorful!


I also made a new valance for a friend of mine - she was redoing her dining room, among other things.  She has a large double window.  She liked the style that she had, but just wanted a new fabric to go with her new paint colors.

 And I did a lot of cat snuggling it seemed.


So really, it seems that perhaps I didn't completely have the blahs, I just didn't write about it here!

I'm working on some new things this weekend, so hopefully I can get back to writing on a more regular basis.

Happy Sewing!
Susan

No comments: