Saturday, November 10, 2012

Patricia Tunic

Months ago (yes, only months!) I got the Patricia Tunic pattern from Sis Boom. Every time I thought I was going to have time to make one, something else would come along.  Plus, I hadn't selected a fabric yet.

In October, Jennifer Paganelli and I were discussing on Twitter which fabric I should use.  She thought this Happy Land green would be great, so I bought the required amount.

 Yesterday, I finally decided it was time to get started on it.  I don't make many clothing items these days - sometimes I make something for one of my great nieces/nephews, but I haven't made anything for myself in ages.  I feel like it takes me forever to make something new.  I spent most of yesterday morning working on it - so maybe 4 hours.

And here's the final result.  It looks pretty good - the only thing I found was that I should have measured the slit in the front, because it's a little long for my short body - so I'm going to have to come up with something to close up the bottom part - otherwise I'll be exposing myself.

I do love the look of it!


Happy Sewing!
Susan

No comments: