Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Christmas Gifts

I had vacation days left that I took this week (Thanksgiving) and so I've been working on some Christmas gifts.

When I first started making purses/totes, I made some for friends for Christmas gifts.  That was about 7 years ago, I think.  One friend has apparently used hers - well - to death.

She made a comment one day that she was going to have to quit using it.  I'm sure it was a hint for Christmas.

So here it is!

I'm not a big orange fan, but I do love the cheerful look of this one.  I had a fat quarter bundle of 8 fabrics, I cut 4" squares and made a big piece of patchwork, then cut the tote out.  I have enough of the patchwork left to make a few small items, and I still have about half of the bundle left, to make other items at some point.

I used the twin needle for the quilting (you know I'm just a basic quilter - straight line is about the extent of what I feel good doing).  The thread I used was orange.

Happy Sewing!

Susan

1 comment:

Sewgreen said...

I'm not a huge orange fan either, but that bag is fun!