Saturday, June 16, 2012

Quilt Show - Inspriation or Intimidation?

The National Quilt Association (NQA) holds their annual quilt show here in Columbus, Ohio each year.  I don't know how long it's been here - I can remember going at least 7 or 8 years ago for the first time. 

I love seeing the quilts - it's amazing to me the variety of both skill level and types, sizes of quilts all in one place.

I'm not really a quilter although I have made some quilts.  I made a quilt for my niece when she graduated from high school - that might have been the first one.  I can't remember now if it was a queen or king size - but it was big and I machine pieced and quilted it myself. 

One year for Christmas, I made all the little boys in the family at that time, a small quilt.  There were four of them at that time, and no girls.  I've made several other quilts since,  but it's not something that I do a lot of.

So, going to the quilt show - is it inspiration or intimidation?  I guess it must be a little bit more inspiration since today I've been cutting out and piecing - well - something....I'm not sure yet what it's going to be.

I picked a pretty pink, green and white fat quarter bundle from my stash - I'm not sure how long I've had this fabric - the selvage says it's a Michael Miller collection. 

So far I've made 6 blocks - they are 10" finished size blocks.  I think they would look great with some white sashing - so how many blocks will I make and what will it become?

 Happy Sewing!

Susan

No comments: