Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Consignment

A couple of weeks ago I posted that I am now consigning some items to a new local shop - Sweet Salvage Shoppe.  In the first couple of weeks I had a few sales - and I took more items over on Saturday to create a larger display of my items. 

One idea that I had, is Father's Day is coming up soon - so I took a selection of my 'manly' box pouches over and she was going to do a sign and gather a few other items to put with them. 

She is also working on a more cohesive display of my items - I meant to stop by this afternoon to see what she's changed, but I forgot.  So this is a picture from last week - several of my purses are on top of the stack of luggage.

I'm pretty excited about this venture - when I first started my business I rented space in a craft mall - it didn't work out very well, and that particular shop ended up closing not too long after I got out of it. 

I was a little leary of going down this path again, but this is a local shop (about 3 miles from my house) and the owner is a person that I've known for a while, and consider a friend.   So for her, and myself, here's hoping that business booms!

Along with my purses and accessories, I also have some pillows and window treatments that will be there. 

And I'm thinking about Halloween and Christmas - maybe this year will be the one where I use up the stash of holiday fabric I've been accumulating!

Happy Sewing!
Susan

No comments: