Saturday, March 24, 2012

At Last - Or Better Late Than Never?

We bought a new couch for our great room.  I didn't think there was anything wrong (really) with the one we had, but the husband wanted to get one - so I broke down and we ordered one at the end of December, and it finally was delivered yesterday.  If you follow me on Twitter you know that when it was delivered I wasn't too sure it was going to fit like we'd anticipated - it's a small sectional and wider than the couch we were replacing.  Shifting some other items around (mainly switching one of the end tables for a smaller one) got it all in and so we are adjusting to the change.

Of course, a new couch made me need to look for fabric for new curtains, new throw pillows, etc.  I didn't find anything that I liked (well, not enough to pay the price for it), but it reminded me that many years ago I bought fabric to replace the window treatments in the dining room.  The dining room is the only roon that I didn't make.  I've lived in this house about 13 1/2 years and I've made several variations for the master bedroom and bath, but not done the ones for the dining room.

As you can see from the photo (yes, that is Layla on the dining room table - bad kitty!) currently I have curtains with coordinating scarf swags across the top and down each side on a decorative rod.

I'd wash these again, but I think the curtain will fall apart if I do.

Stay tuned for the new look!

Happy Sewing,
Susan


No comments: