Friday, December 24, 2010

Thoughts beginning.....

For a while now I've been mulling around that my sewing room is out of control and I need to reorganize it. So here we are the end of a year, and as seems to happen, the new year brings the need for changes to the forefront.

I'm privileged enough to have a fairly good sized room for my sewing, and yet, I also have managed to take over space in both of the upstairs bedrooms as well. So whenever we have company, I'm scrambling to move things out.

It's time to get organized and I'm going to really do it this time!

I have two 8-ft tables side by side in the center of the room that are inteded for cutting space. When I work with decorator fabrics, I want to be able to put them out. However, as table space does, it's turned into a dumping ground for stuff, and then I still have to move things around when I need to cut larger items.

I also have this old entertainment center, and a pretty big tv, and yes, I'm going to admit it - a fairly large vinyl album collection taking up valuable space.

Also, when I got my serger (ok, that's been almost two years ago) I never really organized a space, so it sits on my cutting area too.

Here are a couple of pictures of what I'm dealing with.



So over the next few weeks, I'm going to get organized, get rid of stuff that I'm never going to use, and take back my spare bedrooms and recreate my space to be more functional and organized!

Of course, Christmas is this weekend, so don't expect too much until next week!

Stay tuned,
Susan

No comments: