Saturday, August 21, 2010

Perception

As many fabric addicts do, I buy all kinds of fabrics in varying colors, themes, patterns, quantities. You may have seen pictures of my fabric closets (the one that isn't large enough) in previous posts.

Earlier this week, I decided that it was time to make myself a new purse. I had purchased this black, brown and butter yellow batik print a while back, and it was what I selected to make a purse for myself.

I had it all done but for the straps, but my husband hadn't seen it that day. The next day when he came home from work, he came up to my sewing room, looked at the purse and said something to the effect of 'old lady fabric' about the purse I was making for myself. Now, I do realize that I am older than him by a few years, but I don't think that I'm an 'old lady' just quite yet.

Of course, now I can't carry that purse because of what he said, even though I don't see whatever he saw in the fabric.Yesterday I decided to make a patchwork purse which I haven't done in a while. I think it turned out very well - and apparently it's not 'old lady' fabric, because my husband said when it saw it completed - 'that one will sell'!

No comments: