Friday, July 2, 2010

Road Trip - GASP!

Last weekend, the husband and I set out for our first vacation together (without family) in about seven years. We headed to Asheville, NC, to Biltmore. I had been there as a child - I'm thinking I was probably 9 or 10 - so many years ago - and have talked over the years about going back.

It's about an 8 hour drive from Columbus OH, and all interstate, so really a pretty quick drive. We spent the first night in Bryson City NC and took the Great Smokey Mountain Rail Road trip on Sunday. The weather was pretty much as we had been having at home - warm and humid.

We spent a couple of days in Asheville, toured the Biltmore house and grounds, took a trolley around the city to see more and learn some of the history, and headed back home on Wednesday. I would attach some pictures from our trip, but we really aren't picture takers, so there were only a few.

Why GASP! in my title, you may be asking? Well, I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've been anywhere that I didn't go to a fabric shop of some sort. So my fabric stash didn't grow with this trip!

No comments: