Sunday, March 14, 2010

It's in the bag


To paraphrase a commercial by a well-known electronics juggernaut: there is a bag for that.


My online shop has backpacks, reusable baggies, cosmetic pouches, toiletry bags, and purses of all designs, shapes, and sizes. Occassionally I'll make a CD case for a grand-nephew, a crayon case for a neice, or a diaper bag for an expectant mother.


My latest project is what I call the drawstring project bag, which is approximately 6.5" in diameter and 13" tall. The bottom is weighted with heavy, fuseable Peltex interfacing.


I envision my project bag being filled with yarn, thread, fabric, and needles for those who like to knit, crochet, needlepoint, and/or sew.


My first project bag includes words and appeals to the wordsmith. I also have a similar fabric with numbers for number crunchers. But, if typography isn't your bag, Austin Powers, I have hundreds of other prints and combinations.

No comments: