Sunday, March 28, 2010

Craft day

Yesterday I had three friends over for a craft day, a first for us. All of us worked on our craft projects at my two work tables in my sewing room.

One friend mended pants, another organized photographs for scrapbooks, and another cut the fabric pattern for an Ohio State-themed purse and worked on her cross stitch. I finished some of my home decor projects, including draperies for my mother-in-law.

We broke for lunch at 1:30 p.m. I cooked Mediterranean chicken in the crockpot, which included stewed tomatoes, Greek olives, and marinated artichoke hearts. We also had a seven-layer salad, sticky buns, a bottle of Bogle Merlot, and a bottle of Barefoot Chardonnay.

After lunch, we went back to our craft projects for a few hours. We broke for Campfire S'Mores Bread Pudding at 5:30 p.m.; imagine bread pudding drizzled with melted chocolate, mini marshmallows, and crumbled graham crackers.

We all had a lot of fun and look forward to the next craft day.

No comments: