Monday, October 22, 2012

What? No Sewing?

I normally take my main sewing machine to have it cleaned, checked, serviced - about once a year.  The last time I took it was August of last year, so it's been more than a year.  Based on things that are going on the next couple of weeks, it looked like now was as good a time as any to get it to the shop.

So here is my empty sewing desk.  You can admire the lovely purple paint job (I have a friend who paints furniture), but it's really a scary sight for me!

If I have time, I may get some items cut and prepped, and if I really get the urge, I can pull out my backup machine, and of course, I still have my serger (although I'm looking at new ones, I think I've beat this one almost to death).

Mimi hasn't been up to see this yet - you know one of her favorite places to be is behind the machine - especially when I'm trying to use it!

I guess I'll survive - you might see me on Twitter a little bit more than usual!

Happy (no) sewing!

Susan

1 comment:

SUSAN HEMANN said...

I cannot imagine you without your sewing machine!! Hope you survive, lol!