Sunday, February 13, 2011

One yard challenge

I make a variety of items for my etsy shop and for craft shows. Often when I work with a fabric, I make several items from that fabric. Depending on how much fabric there is, what the pattern is, how I feel that day, and what Mimi cat thinks (ok, that part isn't really true) I may get from 5-10 of my smaller items from it.

So today I am challenging myself to see how many items I can get from a one yard cut with as little waste as possible.

I'll make a list of the items that I've been making, and work on some cutting layouts and then go from there. Should be fun!

Just to clarify, the one yard will be the exterior fabric only, I will use a coordinating fabric for linings.

Here is the fabric I selected to work with.


Check back later this week to see how it worked out.
Susan

No comments: