Thursday, December 27, 2012

Year End Review

Here we are at that cusp - getting ready to go from the old year to the new year - and all the crazy thoughts that seems to bring.

I thought I'd take a look at how 2012 has been for Sew Darn Simple.

I organized (and reorganized) my sewing space throughout the year.  Here we are and it's still a mess.

I wrote my first patterns and sold them both in my etsy shop and I also opened a Craftsy pattern shop.

I did two patterns in 2012 - the zipper wallet and the patchwork purse.  Hopefully I will do at least two in 2013 - although I'm not sure what they will be yet.

I spent a lot of time perfecting a zip around case for the kindle fire - and I did sell a few.  The issue I have with making cases for these items is that each one is a different size and every new one that comes out is different which means that the cases aren't always interchangeable.  So I'm not sure if I will continue down this path in 2013.  With a 'regular' job, I don't feel like I have time to commit to making a huge number of custom items.

Jennifer Paganelli from Sis Boom has become one of my great friends - she sent me a great bundle of fabrics from her Girls World Vibe line - I in turn made some items that I did a giveaway for.  I had the opportunity to meet her at the Country Living Fair in Columbus this fall - what a great weekend that was!

I did several craft shows this year - with varied success - we had such crazy weather this year - and that always plays into the show turnout.

As I reach the end of this year, I'm trying to determine where I want to take this business in 2013 - I have some craft show applications that I need to complete in January - so I need to get some new photos and potentially some new products in the works.

Stay tuned to see where 2013 takes us!

Happy Sewing,
Susan


No comments: